Thursday, October 4, 2007

Online Productivity Tools

I used 3D Boxes to create an online calendar & to do list. I really like this, and think I will try to use it. Always I feel that i have too many calendars & to do lists etc etc ......... so I'll give this one a try. AS for Google Docs - it was easy to get in since I already have an account. I have had to sign up fro over 10 accounts since i started these 23 things.....

Weel using Google Docs to create a new file & export it as Microsoft Word was super simple & easier in a lot of ways than using Microsoft products. I also uploaded a file from my computer 7 edited it with Google Docs. But what about a thesaurus? They do have spell chewck - but i would miss the thesaurus!
This tool is certainly useful for reference work - recetly i had a patron with a Microsoft Office 2007 file who could not work with it on the HCPL pc's. I could have introduced her to this & she could have used the library computers to do her homework. Excellent!
Not to mention things can be saved online & there is no need to have a disk or USB. And things can be published as webpages - Manifique!

No comments: