Thursday, October 4, 2007

Podcasts

eh Yes, I do listen to Talk Radio each day because for the most part FM radio no longer interests me. And I do like talking books in the car or while cleaning the house. But I dont know if podcasts hold enough for me. I think I'd rather read the content instead of listening.

I did find something that interested me - a cooking & food show. But what a pain that I do not have the recipe in text. And how much am I losing by not being able to SEE this? Everything that interests me follows that same line - history, art, travel... I listened to another podcast about the newest Web 2.0 technologies. And another from Ohio Public Library. As fr my discovery process - i see that yahoo is discontinuing its podcasting directroy.

Uses: I do like the online audio tours for solo travelers or museum go-ers... So maybe we could create a users guide to the library or even learning to use computers and allow users to listen to them from our website. *** This may be a value added service - something i could add to my already in process computer basics classes.

No comments: