Friday, September 7, 2007

Hello World

OK. Thing 1 and Thing 2 - reading - things I am already good at doing. Hopefully the next 21 will be as quick.

My thoughts about lifelong learning, what is easiest & hardest for me: Most look easy & familiar as the way I do things already except "Begin with the End In Mind." To me, that is limiting yourslef & assuming you know something (your thoughts, feelings, what will happen between now & then). You dont know & nobody else does. Maybe once you try to say, speak Spanish, maybe you will find that you dont in fact want to do it all & would rather take up Salsa dancing instead. Beginning with the end in mind is just not how I play.

On the other hand, I have not really made a decision to learn something in a long time. And the other day, I did try to make a decision to do something that is hard for me. I tried to imagine how it would be when I was finished. Maybe "beginning with the end in mind" is worthwhile to me after all.

No comments: